About Us

Unparalleled Universe is a Blog about Action Figures, Comics,Movies,Music and all things nerdy and awesome.Please feel free to leave comments and post letting me know what you think.

There is no Escape from the Planet of the Apes

Neca recently released Planet of the Apes figures based on the original films and they are fantastic . I was only able to pick up Dr.Zaius(series 2), General Ursus (series 2) and Cornelius (series 1). I picked up Ceaser from The Dawn Of The Apes series and I was very happy with it, but still I wasn't interested in the classic  line until I saw them in person. Once I saw them with my own eyes I was obsessed. 

Let's start with Ursus,  my least favorite of the bunch, but that doesn't mean he isn’t still an awesome figure. He comes with 1 extra hand, a hand gun and a machine gun. The guns are really nice,they are smooth and without much detail exactly like the films. The sculpting on the armor is very well done. The chest piece is a plastic overlay on top of the figure but you are still able to get a little torso movement.The only thing I thought was kinda wack about Ursus is his face,the sculpting is really good but it looks like he is smiling and looks a little goofy.

Next is Dr.Zaius the Minister Of Science. Although both of them looked good, I went with the series 2 version instead of series 1 because I felt like the long coat fit the character better then the short one.
                      Dr.Zaius only comes with a cane but really that is all he needs.


 Finally, we have Cornelius one of the 2 apes that have a soft spot for those damn dirty humans. Cornelius is my favorite of the bunch.
                                    I can't wait to pick up Zira to be able to put them together.

 

I am not a huge fan of all the Planet of the Apes movies, but that doesn't stop me from wanting to fill my shelves with  these things. They look awesome together and I can't wait until I can pick up more of them.



 Thanks.

Peace

Pingler

Related Posts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Unparalleled Universe. Powered by Blogger.